Get advice

To submit your enquiry, please complete the form below. Please include as much detail as possible, and in particular please state any timescales or deadlines that may apply.

For urgent assistance you should use our webchat, telephone or drop in service. 

If you have used our service before and have a reference number, please state this as it will enable us to locate your previous enquiries and any responses we have sent.

If you do not receive a reply within seven working days, please check your spam/junk folder because our reply might be in these locations.

When submitting a request, all boxes with a * must to be completed for CAN to receive your request.

If you do not complete the "preferred contact method" section you will not receive an email by return. 

We are regularly making improvements to this site, which may affect the delivery of this service.

If you do not receive advice within 7 working days, please can you report this to so we can investigate this further. Please do not email your advice request to the above email address, you must complete the form below.

You will receive a feedback request from, this email will include a link to Please do not email your advice request to the above email address, you must complete the form below.


Please note: if you have an emergency you should visit your local Citizens Advice or use the Citizens Advice webchat service, which can be accessed through

Is your request an emergency or do you have a specific time limit?

Firstly we need some details about you

If you are aged 16 or under, please contact the Colchester and Tendring Youth Enquiry Service.

You must live in the Borough of Colchester to use this service.

How do you want us to contact you?

We provide advice via email but if you would prefer a response by phone please enter a telephone number where we can leave a message.

How can we help you?

What advice are you looking for?

Please tell us more*

Please provide as much information as you can, for example, about your debts, your family and housing situation, benefits currently being claimed, employment situation etc.
Please enter the code; this is to protect the site from other computers submitting the form.*

Photo illustrating get advice


Speech bubble graphic



Citizens Advice Colchester
Blackburn House,
Ground Floor,
32 Crouch Street,
Colchester, CO3 3HH
Telephone: 0344 477 0808